Our product range includes Smart Devices which can be used to control & monitor the electric appliances at our HOME via "SharpNode App" (Available for both mobile phones and laptops). Thus enabling you to have control over your home from anywhere in the world, ultimately giving you 'More Control' with lesser efforts.
And when we tell you, this is not all; we mean it. The Highly Advanced "Sensors" present in SharpNode devices not only provides you an extra-edge over your Home-Security solutions by notifying you through self-generated calls/messages when the device detects any unwanted motion & situations: the product also monitors the room temperature & in accordance adjusts the Air-Conditioner/Cooler. The timing for the regulation of lighting system & fans can also be
manipulated. Thus making the product energy efficient.
Here are some of the great things that SharpNode can do:
- Control every electronic appliances in our house like light, fan, chargers, TV, cooler etc. with a press of a single button.
- Provide connectivity to your appliances from anywhere in this world
- Schedule appliances as per your wish means IFTTT style Integration.
- Turn on your lights before entering a dark house
- Motion sensor detects unwanted motion and notify you immediately.
- Turn your lights on and off while you're on vacation so it looks like someone's at home.
- Turn off battery charger automatically when it is charged up to 99% & turn on when it is reached to 15%
- In built temperature sensor to know the actual room temperature and using this, it maintains the room temperature by switching on-off the cooler automatically
- SharpNode can let you know when you've got a new text message or an email by flashing your lights.
- Makes home more convenient, safer and energy efficient by
Optimizing energy consuming devices.
Home is at your fingertips
SharpNode sets up in minutes over Wi-Fi and is easy to use as well install. And the "enlightenment" of your home will not end there. SharpNode has a software development platform that will allow people to create apps for SharpNode. The possibilities for SharpNode are endless.
On-demand user can customize the function of SharpNode as per their requirements.
Endless possibilities with IFTTT
IFTTT is a service that lets you create powerful connections with one simple statement: "If this then that." There is a great introduction to their ecosystem on IFTTT's website. Go check it out if you haven't already, it's super helpful.
Users can create their own recipes using Particle Cloud like:
- Track your Internet downtime
- Log events in Google Drive
- Send an email when device detect any event like "motion was detected!" or a smart washing machine that tells us "your laundry is done!"
How to Handle
It is as simple as you plugging any other electronic device. SharpNode automatically connects with cloud after 2-3 seconds which means you can control your electric appliances which are connected with 3-pin Socket. Now, you can interact with device along App. But firstly, you must have wireless Internet connection in your home or a WiFi Dongle or WiFi hot-spot.
How to use (stepwise)
First, Power up the device from AC power source.
Make sure about Fifi Internet connectivity is ON.
Open App, connect the device with Internet.Also, follow led status of device to check connectivity with device.
Device Status by LED Indicator:
Blinking blue: Device setup mode (Listening Mode)
Solid blue: Device connected to App
Blinking green: Connecting to the Wi-Fi network
Blinking cyan: Connecting to the Cloud
Blinking magenta: Updating the newest firmware
Breathing cyan: Connected! (Normal Mode)
See LED animation
(Click on 'See LED animation' to check the functionality)
If you are not able to connect with Internet, feel free to contact us
If you haven't WiFi modem then connect with any of USB WiFi Dongle or HotSpot.
- Will SharpNode work in my home?
Definitely! It doesn't matter, how your house is built. The only must is to a have WiFi Internet in your home; else your mobile hot-spot is enough. SharpNode takes hardly 2-3 MB Internet data in a month.
- Can SharpNode be controlled from outside the home?
Yes, SharpNode can be controlled and accessed from anywhere, as long as you have a connection to the Internet. You do not have to be on the same local Wi-Fi network as the SharpNode, although the SharpNode is needed to be 100-300ft from your Wi-Fi base station or extender in order to establish a connection to the Internet.
- Do I have to pay anything for SharpNode service or SharpNode apps?
Our software and apps are absolutely free!
- What happens if the Internet goes down?
You'll always be able to control your electric appliances from the SharpNode. We're also working on a back-up system that uses local communications when the Internet is down.
- In what countries will SharpNode work?
It will work everywhere. No matter, where you are.
- How do I connect SharpNode to my Wi-Fi network?
Setting it up is easy and can be done wireless from an Android phone, iPhone, or through our web application. We will guide you through the process in our apps, but in essence you will connect to the SharpNode directly over Wi-Fi, send it your Wi-Fi SSID and password, and then it will reboot and join your network. The whole process takes about a minute. In case you face a problem, our team will solve your issues. We can also help you by connecting remotely with your WiFi, only if you tell us the led status on each connecting steps.Setting it up is easy and can be done wirelessly from an Android phone, iPhone, or through our web application. We will guide you through the process in our apps, but in essence you will connect to the SharpNode directly over Wi-Fi, send it your Wi-Fi SSID and password, and then it will reboot and join your network. The whole process takes about a minute. In case you face a problem, our team will solve your issues. We can also help you by connecting remotely with your WiFi, only if you tell us the led status on each connecting steps.
- What will the Indiegogo funding be used for?
If we reach our target of $1,000, the money will be used for the following purposes:
- Manufacturing: First and foremost, the majority of the money that we receive in our Indiegogo campaign will go directly for the payments to be made for our manufacturing partner in order to make and deliver the SharpNode.
- Tooling: The biggest up-front development costs are tooling costs for the plastic parts. This basically involves paying an extremely skilled engineer to make a "tool" out of very hard metal that can be used as a mold for the plastic parts.
- Certification: A product of this nature must be certified by the FCC for RF emissions, and UL for safety. Safety and reliability are paramount for a product like this, and we'll go through the rigorous testing to ensure a high-quality product.
- What is the current state of the prototype?
Our current prototype which is featured in this video as well as in pictures is both fully functional and a good approximation of the appearance of the manufactured product. The shell of the prototype is a SLA model that has been painted to look alike the final product; if you look clearly in the pictures and the videos you shall come accross some scratches and imperfections due to sanding and painting. The finished product will be injection molded plastic. As for the electronics, only ARM Cortex M3 development board is used which was imported from the
China and the components were hand-soldered onto the board by master Aarif Khan. The final boards will be mass-manufactured using pick-and-place technology. The circuitry will likely go through a couple of rounds of revision to optimize the design, but the functionality will be the same as today.